For expats living in Thailand and foreign travelers, this world heritage site is simply a must-visit! This has been one of our most popular itineraries for exploring the ancient Angkor. In 4 days you will have a chance to explore the main ruins of Angkor Wat, Ta Phrom and Angkor Thom. You will also have time for some adventure — taking an exciting ATV sunset tour through Cambodian countryside. Finally, you will experience the way of the local villagers living in floating homes on the lake. This itinerary can easily be tailored if you have less than 4 day, or would like 2 days exploring the Angkor ruins instead of 1, etc. Tours of the temples can be arranged by a local tuk tuk, bicycles or air conditioned vehicle based on your preference. Contact us if you would like us to tailor this itinerary for you.
- day / siem reap arrival
- Upon arrival are welcomed by our local guide at Siem Reap Airport on arrival. Transfer to your hotel. Rest of the time is free to relax. If your flight arrives early we can arrange some activities this day like an ATV sunset tour (scheduled on another day in this program)
- day 2 / Ta Phrom - angkor thom - angkor wat (B)
- Your day starts with a visit to Angkor Wat, a world heritage site with soaring towers and extraordinary bas reliefs. It is one of the most amazing man-made monuments in the world, erected in the 12th century in honour of Vishnu. After that visit the ancient Ta Prohm Monastery where immense branches have taken root in the stones – hence the nickname of the Jungle Temple. You will find some splendid sculptured Devatas and an atmosphere that is unique. In the afternoon, visit Angkor Thom (the Great City) beginning by the south gate and the famous Bayon of the 12th and 13th centuries, dedicated to Buddhism and composed of 54 gigantic towers featuring 216 smiling faces of Avalokitesvara. Then, visit the Elephant Terrace, which was used as a giant reviewing stand for public ceremonies and served as a base for the king’s grand audience hall; and the raised Leper King Terrace, built in the 12th century and which features many beautifully sculptured Apsaras. Return to your hotel in the late afternoon and rest of the evening is free at leisure.
- day 3 / Kompong Kleang floating village & ATV sunset tour (b, l)
- In the morning, we leave for Kompong Khleang. Here all the houses are on stilts offering an exceptional natural environment offering breathtaking views of floodplains, rice fields and water views as far as the eye can see. After walking through the village and meeting the locals, travelling by boat over the canals to a large lake where Vietnamese people live when they are displaced from their homes because of the seasons. Return to the village and have a picnic lunch in a villager’s home. In the afternoon, return to Siem Reap and have some free time to relax. Starting in late afternoon, the Sunset tour takes you through 16 kilometres of the countryside immediatley surrounding Siem Reap and ends with a beautiful view of the setting sun as it dips below the rice fields.
- day 4 / departure (b)
- Free time until transfer to airport for your departure flight.
Hotel options for this holiday
These are popular hotels that we have used for this holiday. If you have other hotels in mind, or would like more options let us know.
|Location||Economy hotels||Premium hotels||Luxury hotels|
|Siem Reap||Sridharta (deluxe room)||Tara Angkor (deluxe room)||Heritage Suites (heritage suite)|
- Accommodation in category chosen
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary. B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner.
- All transfers as mentioned in the itinerary by private vehicles with A/C
- All entrance fees and sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Local, English speaking guide
Holiday does not include
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- International and domestic flights (can be quoted separately)
- Visa fee upon arrival in Cambodia
- Any personal expenses such as laundry, room service, etc
- Travel insurance
About our holidays
Tailor – made
All of our suggested itineraries are based on holidays that have been very popular with our clients. However we strongly believe that each holiday should be unique to the traveler. Absolutely anything in our itineraries can be tailored to suit your requirements, travel style and budget. Simply contact us and let us design your custom holiday!
We never mix groups during holidays. All the holidays are arranged for your group only so you can travel at your own pace.
Prices can vary often due to things such as travel period, best accommodation rates during that period, number of persons traveling, etc. Please send us your holiday requirements and an approximate budget (if you have one in mind) and we will get back to you with a detailed quotation right away.