Kanchanaburi & River Kwai Explorer
Explore the best of Kanchanaburi and River Kwai, while staying at the most unique accommodations — luxury, safari-style tents and floating villas on the river. This 3 day/ 2 night tour includes the following highlights: Thailand–Burma Railway Centre, War Cemetery, River Kwai Bridge, Hellfire Pass Memorial, Mon Tribal Village, Mon Dance, Death Railway Train, Stay at Hintok River Camp and The FloatHouse River Kwai. The tour offers a variety of activities, making it a great option for couples, families and single travelers.
- day 1 / bangkok - bridge over river kwai - hellfire pass - hintok river camp (l, d)
- 06.00-06.30 Pick up from major hotel in Bangkok Downtown Area. Depart to Kanchanaburi province (128 km. to the west of Bangkok) 09.00 Visit Thailand–Burma Railway Centre an interactive museum, information and research facility dedicated to presenting the history of the Thailand–Burma Railway. The fully air-conditioned center offers the visitor an educational and moving experience. Visit Allied War Cemetery, resting-place for more than 6,000 Allied prisoners of war (POWs). Visit the world-famous Bridge over the River Kwai, a part of Death Railway constructed by Allied POWs. 12.00 Arrive at Hin Tok River Camp, Check–in and have Lunch. 14.00 Visit the Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum which is dedicated to those Australians and other Allied Prisoners of War and Asian labourers who suffered and died at Hellfire Pass and elsewhere in the Asia Pacific region during WW2. Trekking along the Hellfire Pass Walking Trails and return to Hintok River Camp Late afternoon get on a mountain bike to visit a village or farm nearby the camp. 19.00 Dinner and overnight at Hintok River Camp
- day 2 / hintok river camp - local village - floathouse (b, l, d)
- 06.00 Early morning biking across a hanging bridge to the temple for offering food to monks 07.00 Breakfast 09.00 Check out and take a long-tailed boat to get River Kwai Jungle Rafts to visit the ethnic Mon Tribal Village (Optional tours: Elephant Ride) 11.30 Depart to The FloatHouse River Kwai. Check in and have Lunch 19.00 Dinner, followed by a 45-minute presentation of Mon Dance. Overnight at The FloatHouse River Kwai.
- day 3 / floathouse - ride on death railway - departure (b, l)
- 07.00 Breakfast. Morning at your own leisure. 11.00 Check–out from the hotel 11.40 Lunch at local restaurant. 13.00 Take a historic ride on Death Railway Train through magnificent scenery, passing over original wooden viaduct constructed by Allied POWs. 14.20 Journey back to Bangkok 18.00 Arrive Bangkok and transfer to hotels.
Hotel options for this holiday
These are popular hotels that we have used for this holiday. If you have other hotels in mind, or would like more options let us know.
|Kanchanaburi||Hintok River Camp||Luxury tent|
|Kanchanaburi||Floathouse River Kwai||Floating villa|
- 1 night accommodation at Hintok River Camp
- 1 night accommodation at the FloatHouse River Kwai
- All meals mentioned in the program (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Complimentary Mountain Bike usage
- English-speaking guide
- Joined Transportation
- Admission Fees to all places indicated in the program
Holiday does not include
- Optional tours or excursions not mentioned in the program
- Other meals not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses such as drinks, snacks and tips
About our holidays
Tailor – made
All of our suggested itineraries are based on holidays that have been very popular with our clients. However we strongly believe that each holiday should be unique to the traveler. Absolutely anything in our itineraries can be tailored to suit your requirements, travel style and budget. Simply contact us and let us design your custom holiday!
This is a joined tour arranged by Hintok River Camp and Floathouse Kanchanaburi. If you wish to arrange this tour on private basis, please let us know.
Prices can vary often due to things such as travel period, best accommodation rates during that period, number of persons traveling, etc. Please send us your holiday requirements and and approximate budget (if you have one in mind) and we will get back to you with a detailed quotation right away.