Glimpse of Angkor
This short Siem Reap holiday is a good option for either Thailand expats who wish to travel over a weekend, or foreign travelers on a longer holiday in the region with limited time. In just 3 days you will experience all the main highlights of Siem reap – Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Ta Phrom. You will take an exciting ATV sunset tour through Cambodian countryside and visit a local floating village.
- Day 1 / Siem Reap Arrival
- Upon arrival in Siem Reap, welcome at the airport and private transfer to hotel for check in. The room is at your disposal from 13.30 pm. The balance of day is free at leisure.
- Day 2 / Angkor Wat - Ta Prohm - Angkor Thom (Breakfast)
- Your day starts with a visit to Angkor Wat, a world heritage site with soaring towers and extraordinary bas reliefs. It is one of the most amazing man-made monuments in the world, erected in the 12th century in honour of Vishnu. Then continue to visit the ancient Ta Prohm Monastery where immense branches have taken root in the stones – hence the nickname of the Jungle Temple. You will find some splendid sculptured Devatas and an atmosphere that is unique. In the afternoon, visit Angkor Thom (the Great City) beginning by the south gate and the famous Bayon of the 12th and 13th centuries, dedicated to Buddhism and composed of 54 gigantic towers featuring 216 smiling faces of Avalokitesvara. Then, visit the Elephant Terrace, which was used as a giant reviewing stand for public ceremonies and served as a base for the king’s grand audience hall; and the raised Leper King Terrace, built in the 12th century and which features many beautifully sculptured Apsaras. Back to hotel for relax. Meals on your own. Overnight at the hotel.
- Day 3 / Kompong Kleang Floating Village - Departure (Breakfast, Lunch)
- In the morning, we leave for Kompong Khleang. Here all the houses are on stilts offering an exceptional natural environment offering breathtaking views of floodplains, rice fields and water views as far as the eye can see. After walking through the village and meeting the locals, travelling by boat over the canals to a large lake where Vietnamese people live when they are displaced from their homes because of the seasons. Return to the village and have a picnic lunch in a villager’s home. In the afternoon, return to Siem Reap for your departure flight.
Hotel options for this holiday
These are popular hotels that we have used for this holiday. If you have other hotels in mind, or would like more options let us know.
|Location||Economy hotels||Premium hotels||Luxury hotels|
|Siem Reap||Sridharta (deluxe room)||Tara Angkor (deluxe room)||Heritage Suites (heritage suite)|
- Accommodation in chosen category
- All transfers as mentioned in the itinerary
- All sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary
- All meals as mentioned each day
- Local English speaking guide where mentioned
- All entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary
- All applicable local taxes
Holiday does not include
- International or domestic flights (can be quoted separately)
- Any meals not clearly mentioned in the itinerary
- Visa costs (where applicable)
- Personal expenses such as tips, laundry, etc.
About our holidays
Tailor – made
All of our suggested itineraries are based on holidays that have been very popular with our clients. However we strongly believe that each holiday should be unique to the traveler. Absolutely anything in our itineraries can be tailored to suit your requirements, travel style and budget. Simply contact us and let us design your custom holiday!
We never mix groups during holidays. All the holidays are arranged for your group only so you can travel at your own pace.
Prices can vary often due to things such as travel period, best accommodation rates during that period, number of persons traveling, etc. Please send us your holiday requirements and an approximate budget (if you have one in mind) and we will get back to you with a detailed quotation right away.