Floating Market & Railway Market
This private floating market and railway market tour from Bangkok is a great way to experience what traditional Thailand markets used to be like. You’ll also visit the ‘Railway market’ which is one of the most unique markets in the world, where the market is set around the railway tracks and vendors have to fold up their shops in order to let the train pass.
- 7.00AM: depart from bangkok
- Pick from your hotel by your private driver and guide and head towards the floating market, located 110km West of Bangkok ( 1 - 1.5hr drive)
- 8.30AM: railway market
- Arrive at the Maeklong Railway Market (Tolad Rom Hub). This market is famous for being set around the train tracks of the Maeklong railway station. As the train approaches, you'll be amazed to see all the vendors fold up the awnings and move shopfronts back to allow the train to pass. Then, as if nothing happened, market is back to normal. Although many tourists visit this market, it is one of the biggest fresh seafood markets in the area and is very popular with locals.
- 9.00AM: local palm sugar farmhouse visit
- On the way to the Floating Market, make a short stop at a local farmhouse to learn about the techniques used to produce palm sugar from coconut.
- 9.30: speedboat canal ride to the floating market
- Take a 30 minute scenic longtail speedboat ride to the market through the canals
- 10.00AM: floating market
- Arrive Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. Here, you'll be fascinated watching boats of all shapes and sizes navigate the busy canal. You can explore the market on food, or you may choose to rent a paddle boat to take you around the market (not included 150 baht per person). There are lots of great, local food choices being sold right off the boats making this a good time to enjoy some lunch.
- 11.30 - 12.00: depart floating market
- When you're ready, head back to Bangkok, arriving at your hotel around 1 - 2pm
|Number of persons||1||2||3 – 4||5 – 8|
|Price per person||THB 5,250||THB 3,250||THB 2,500||THB 2,000|
Private day tour
This is a private day tour which means you do not join other tourists in a group. The tour will be arranged with your personal, local tour guide. With this tour, itinerary is less flexible due to the market opening hours and set times for the train passing through the railway market